Windows 11/10 system tray area application that displays the current week number
Always see the current week number in the system tray area in Windows taskbar and lookup the week number for any other date via double-click on the application icon.
Options to start with Windows, customize icon colors, language, notifications, automatic updates, calendar rules and more. For details see Help section below.
If you want to contribute with another language, please create an Issue on Github and I’ll contact you!
System tray area icon with default colors
Context menu - accessible via right-click on icon
Find out week number for any date
Settings menu with language selection
System tray area icon with customized colors
Icon color picker, possible to define and use custom colors; both icon text and background can be customized
More context menu options
Download installer and run to install with option to start the application when the installer finishes. If you downloaded WeekNumber.zip via Download latest release first unzip the archive, then run the installer. To remove the application run the uninstaller or use Windows Add or remove programs feature or via the Control Panels Programs And Features section.
Choose to keep the file downloaded if prompted - it will look similar to this (depends on your web browser and settings)
Use below actions to allow the installer to run on your PC when Microsoft SmartScreen is active:
Distributed / Silent install / uninstall options
To silently install call the installer with /S parameter.
To silently uninstall call the uninstaller with /S parameter.
Uninstall WeekNumber.exe /S
All application features are accessible via right-click on the application icon residing in the system tray area in Windows taskbar. If the application icon is not visible then press the ^ symbol on the system tray area, click and hold on the application icon and then drag it to the visible system tray area to pin it there.
Context menu options:
- About WeekNumber - Displays version information
- Check for updated version - Checks if newer version is available, option to update if that’s the case
- Open application web page - Shows the application web page
- Start with Windows - If ticked, the application starts automatically with Windows
- Update automatically - If ticked, updates automatically without user interaction
- Language - Change language used by the application
- Svenska - Swedish
- Application log
- Use application log - Application writes to a log file if ticked
- Show application log - If above is ticked, opens the application log file in a text editor; quite technical
- Notifications - Control the application notification messages in sub-menus
- Display startup notification - If ticked, the application will show a notification when started
- Display new week notification - If ticked, a notification will be shown when the week changes
- Use silent notifications - If ticked, any notifications for this application will not trigger system sounds to be played
- Use small / large taskbar buttons - Toogles Windows taskbar size and also adjusts the application icon resolution to match. Having trouble seeing the week number? Try using large taskbar buttons
- Export settings… - Option to export / backup the current application settings
- Import settings… - Option to import previously exported / backed up application settings
- Calendar - Calendar rules used by the application; per default the application uses the systems regional settings to figure this out, but it can be manually overridden here
- First Day Of Week - Calendar rule, select what day a week starts on
- Calendar week rule - Additional calendar rule that tells what rule is used for the first week of a year
- Icon - Application icon settings
- Icon colors - Allows user to change icon background and foreground color or reset colors used back to default in sub-menus
- Icon resolution - Possibility to tweak the WeekNumber icon resolution, if the icon is fuzzy setting a higher or lower resolution can help with apperance
- Graphics settings - Possibility to tweak icon graphics settings used by the application when drawing the week number icon
- Smoothing mode
- Compositing Quality
- Interpolation Mode
- Text Contrast
- Save icon… - Saves the current WeekNumber icon displayed to a .ico file
Get week number for date… - Get week number for specified date
- Exit WeekNumber - Closes the application. Start it again from the Windows Start Menu
- WeekNumber is completely free and open source. Donations are very much appreciated!